Monday, March 30, 2009

Besides Mentoring

So, I want to let you know about some other things that I have been getting involved in besides developing the Romanian Mentoring Ministry. It really isn't "besides mentoring" since mentoring is still a part of it in the overall scope... but I do need your prayers for wisdom. I realize that I have to be careful in what else I get involved in, to guard my time because if I don't...well...it is obvious I guess.

DeClar is the name of the organization that my Romanian teacher, Andreea is a part of. Actually, it is a small group of Romanians who have created it in order to work and do ministry at the same time.
Here is their website: http://www.declar.ro BUT it is all in Romanian!
They have partnered with a few other Christian groups doing similar work, and together they run classes teaching language, do the monthly English club I have mentioned before, and run English camps in the summer. I will start going to their team meetings and will help out with their English camp for families this summer (in addition to the monthly club). My focus there will be the teens. I am hoping to build a relationship with some of the girls who have been there before and made professions of faith but never have been discipled. From this might come a more regular Bible study at my place for these girls...at least that is my prayer!

Some more missionary friends here are leaving, and they are leaving behind some work to be continued. For the most part, others have been put in place to carry on what they have been doing, but I was specifically asked to consider one thing...and I said yes. That is to continue a one to one Bible study that my friend was having with a young lady. We will all get together next week to have a "transition" kind of meeting, but I am excited about this opportunity to encourage someone more personally in faith and love for Jesus.

Potter's House is still on my schedule but has been in flux since I have been trying to get established over there. With schedule changes and other factors, I have to now decide if I would commit to going there two times a week instead of just once, although not necessarily for long hours.

That is it for now. There are other little things here and there, like the English Service at Church for international students, Bible study with some missy ladies, and investing in new friendships!

So thank you for your prayers. I need them!!! Much to do...and it feels more and more like "so little time". Please pray that the Lord would lead me to the right commitments... and of course I am praying that too!

No comments: