Monday, March 9, 2009

The Full Greece Report


It is a bit overwhelming to consider typing a "full" report actually. I have experienced so much over this past week, but I will try!

I feel first to write about about the function this time had in fusing me together with the GEM Ro. team. Since we have quite a few missionaries, all who are spread throughout the country doing very varied ministries (and many already know each other for over a decade) I think that only a trip like this could more fully integrate me personally into the team. Together we brainstormed, strategized, prayed and worshiped, laughed and ate. Our like hearts for the Lord, the country and the people we love drew closer through these things from my perspective. I have a greater burden for the ministries of my teammates and the overall common mission we share. I am so grateful for this gift.

The places I had the opportunity to experience with these special people were breathtaking and mind-blowing as I considered their place in Biblical history. I stood where Paul stood on Mars Hill and on the pier he used to leave Greece. I stood in a "theater" he probably went to and walked the same streets of ancient Corinth.

A special personal blessing was the opportunity to spend much desired time by the water. One evening I was able to just sit and pray as I heard the familiar and longed for sound of wind and waves. I love that sound. I was extremely blessed.

And I must dedicate at least a little paragraph to the 4 days(2 going and 2 coming back)spent traveling in the van with 5 of my colleagues. I told someone about that and they said, "wow, that must have been tough." Maybe there were a few moments less than pleasant, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. WE HAD SUCH FUN!!! Everyone shared their food, their humor and their talents. We sang, laughed, explored, ate, slept and enjoyed sights we wouldn't have been able to from way up in an airplane :) ... what an adventure.

Here are some of the pics from Athens. There are more to come but it gives you and idea.


Greece Athens

On top is a picture of most of our team.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement and love as always. My prayer is to now do a better job of not only sharing my burden to reach the children of Romania through loving Christian mentors, but that for the country as a whole...to let you know how to pray for other needs. Thank you for your partnership!

No comments: