Hey again friends. I thought I would use this entry to let you know about some other needs for prayer and help around here.
I'll start with some fellow GEMers: http://www.oratorium.ro/en/
That link takes you to a website for the Oratorium project that two of my colleagues are a part of through the Jubilate ministry. It is basically an event for musicians in Romania; a chance for them to receive some training from professionals from around the world who just happen to be Christian as well. The significance and vision for this is multifaceted and I don't think I can say it better than their welcome page so please check out the website. They just held a big fundraiser which was very successful, but please continue to pray for provision and for the pieces to continue to fall into place. It is the largest project they have ever undertaken and they have been absolutely moving forward by faith.
Next I'll present you with a Romanian ministry:
http://www.comparativereligion.com/provita.html
That website hasn't been updated in a while but I assure you that the work has been continuing. Dr. Valea with Pro Vita Medica is extremely devoted to assisting women in making informed decisions before an abortion and providing for them what they need should they choose to keep their baby. She had a helper but that woman (who had been a client) has since needed to take a different job. Now Dr. Valea is doing the work alone and is feeling the weight of it. Please pray the the Lord would provide a Romanian helper for her. There is also another tangible need that I became aware of. Dr. Valea gives prenatal vitamins to the women who come to her for their baby care but she is running low. She thinks that they should be available fairly cheaply in the States from Walmart and places like that. If you would be interested in helping, you could send them directly to her. *** Please do not send them to me because I would have difficulties at customs. *** Please don't put the name of her organization on them because then she has to go through tons of paperwork.
But if you just sent them to the following address, she can receive them with no problems as a doctor:
Dr. Cristina Valea
Str. Bucovinei, Nr. 11
Timisoara 300361
Romania
I have some summer plans coming together and am beginning to look through the Long Island Youth Mentoring Training for translation. There are a few different versions and I need to decide what would be best to use here. I'm realizing that I might need to actually compose something a little different first which I hadn't considered! I have a feeling you will be hearing me say that a lot ("I hadn't considered"), BUT I am just wanting the Lord's wisdom and will follow His lead! :)
I pray you are well... till the next time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment