On March 11th I had the "second first meeting" for the mentoring ministry. This group was composed of leaders from local ministries who serve young people and women potentially needing mentors.
The meeting had a different feeling from the "first first"; in fact I had made a few changes to the agenda ahead of time. I was extremely blessed by the interaction and input from those who attended (including questions and some challenges). The people who came see the need for mentoring and seem very invested in helping to see that happen as they are able.
Clear direction of the next step forward surfaced as a result of our discussions, and it is not what I had originally been anticipating. I thought that I would be pulling together a leadership team from these first meetings and then from there begin adaptation and translation of the recruiting and training materials. Turns out I will be working to get the translation of the training done next because it came to light that it is needed to give a fuller understanding of what this Mentoring Biz is about. People from the first meetings will be welcomed to attend and asked to begin presenting ideas about adaptations, and I think it will in fact be a part of yet identifying the ministry leaders.
While I may personally have some hand in it, I will most likely just hire my language teacher, Andreea, to complete the translation. I think it is a time sensitive issue and should be available as soon as possible, while peoples' interest is still peaked. I'm so blessed that Andreea loves the potential of this ministry and has been gaining greater and greater understanding through our times together in class. She is the perfect person for the job! She has been there for both "first" meetings and has a few ideas of her own.
Thank you for your continued prayers. Looking forward to announcing the completion of the training's translation and its' reveal :)
Domnul cu tine (The Lord with you).
Love me
No comments:
Post a Comment