Thursday, November 13, 2008

Set Back or Set Right?

Well friends, I'm sick again. I was told in training to expect to meet lots of new germs and do battle... the war is raging. I'm getting better, but is taking time and it is a bit frustrating I have to admit. I just felt as if I was back in the groove and getting some things accomplished when I got "slammed" again.

I have tried to do some productive things while recouping but it is hard to focus on language studies or anything that takes real brain power when feeling so icky. Then I wrestle with guilt, which of course is silly because it is not like I'm doing this on purpose and being a slacker, but if I'm not "doing", I'm not "accomplishing" and that is why I'm here, right?

But it brings me back to God's Grace. He is the one I'm chiefly responsible to and He fully knows I'm sick. He isn't thrashing a whip to march me on despite my ailments (though I might be tempted). I have to trust Him in this.

I worry about you guys too a bit...the ones who have sacrificed for me to be here in one way or another, so that I can do what the Lord has called me to do. But you probably give me more grace than I give myself as well.

So while this feels like such a huge set back, perhaps the Lord is just using this to actually set me right.... getting my eyes fixed on Him once again, trusting Him to be the One to accomplish things in His power, to get me well. And it is also a reminder too, that He loves me not for what I "do" but just because He does. I love to think on His Grace,my undeserved gift of faith, of belief in Him which IS eternal life. "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent." John 6:29

So the Lord being true to His word is working all things together for good, even this frustrating time of being ill, again... and all will be WELL in Him.

Thank you my friends for your grace... perhaps it is an exercise in patience for you as it is for me, but lets trust Him together!

I love you guys. Miss you too. I am on the mend praise God by the way!!! I'll keep you informed.

No comments: