Hi friends! I think it is safe to "declare" that the DeClar English camp was a success. We were about 80+ people in all. I helped with the older kids which turned out to be from ages 10 to 12, and there were 12 of them.
The place was absolutely gorgeous.
A day for me in camp went something like this:
Up at 6:40 am
Devotions with the team at 7:30 am
Breakfast at 8:30 am
Final preparations and then Bible reading time at 9:30 am with the kids...together with them for games, snacks and then English class until about 12:45 pm.
Lunch at 1 pm then free time to help set up for crafts and to prepare for the next day.
5:30 pm we did crafts with all the kids together (adults had special seminars) until about 7 pm when we had dinner. Following that was evening program, evening tea and then story time at 10 pm when one of the team would share their God story.
It was exhausting but wonderful. I was out of the comfort zone leading the children's reading time and helping with the English class, but God again showed Himself powerful in my life as I trust Him!!! He is so amazing.
Here is a picture after our first reading lesson about John 10.
We also to one afternoon to go on a group hike up to a dam; again gorgeous. It was also a great time to talk with people and continue building some new friendships.
...and here is another picture of me with some of the girlies I spent time with all week.
At the end of the week there was a lot of positive feedback from the families and the kids, including expressed hopes that I would see them again next year!
So this week is catch up (on rest, work and everyday things) and preparation for the next trip...Annual Conference in the Czech Republic.
Thank you for your continued prayers. I have heard rumors that this maybe the last Europe wide annual conference for GEM for a while but don't know for sure. I just ask for your prayers that the Lord would use it to clarify and further the vision He has for GEM in Europe - corporately and individually. AMEN!
I hope and pray you are all having a FANTASTIC summer! With lots and lots of love...me.
No comments:
Post a Comment