Hey everyone... time for a little catch up. First the camp at Potter's House. If you read my newsletter you know that all went well, with the exception of me being sick the last couple of days with some sort of virus. Gratefully I didn't need to worry because of all the great leaders the Lord provided. I was sad to miss those last days but it all worked out fine.
Our themes for the week were building each other up and the 7 Wonders of the World. We did presentations about the 7 current Wonders and did Bible lessons on how to encourage one another in different ways (based on the "love languages"). I got to teach on touch; it was neat to look at how Jesus encouraged others with His touch. From what I could find recorded in the Bible, it was usually preceded by compassion and followed by healing.
We had a great time. The kids were a little wild at first but settled in pretty nicely. Here are some of the beautiful faces!
Just a couple of days after the camp, my cousin Diane came to visit me here in Romania and then we had a vacation in Turkey!!! She had always wanted to go and asked if I would join her. It seemed like a great opportunity to see a different part of the world and spend some quality time with her... and I was right!
It was ironic to me that I got to see some sights that could easily be considered "wonders" and even saw a previous genuine Wonder of the World... though there is only a lonely column left. Here am I in front of the famous Blue Mosque.
My cousins has most of the pictures so you'll have to wait a bit longer on that but it was interesting to experience a different culture and see so many phenomenal places in Istanbul and then on to Ephesus! Again to be where Paul preached was pretty amazing. And on top of the ruins of St. John's Basilica in Selcuk, I had a great conversation with my cousin about the God the he served... and me too.
And this week has been about preparing for the next camp, which is an English camp. I'll be having an orientation Saturday and leaving Sunday for the mountains. My role will be to help with the older kids (12-14)and their program. I'm heading up the daily reading group time (from the Bible) and helping out with the English lessons. We'll also be doing tons of games, crafts and exploring the great outdoors together.
This is again like nothing I've ever done before, so I would appreciate your prayers!!
Also good news that the translation for the Mentoring Training is finished; I just have to include the video clips and get subtitles on them. Gratefully, there is someone who will be helping!
Camp update when I get back! With many blessing....
No comments:
Post a Comment