Saturday, April 25, 2009

Recent Joys

Yesterday, I finally ran a group at Potter's House. I did a sort of art therapy group with the kids and it was so great. I had almost forgotten what a joy it is for me to do that kind of work with kids. It is not that we did any deep analysis, but just having the opportunity to encourage them to create and reinforce that what they make (and who they are) has value was such a pleasure. I spoke mostly in Romanian and had some older girls in the group help clarify if I said something a little funny :) The opportunity is a blessing to me and pray it will be a blessing for the children too.

I was also asked to help develop a curriculum for the teen program at Potter's House, and to consider being a part of it. I expressed my concerns about committing time that might eventually need to be revoked or would detract from what I hope to need for the mentoring ministry but suggested once a month would be possible. Doubting the benefit of that offer, I was assured that it would be a help.

And last evening, I experienced another special blessing. The Lord is so good at giving encouragement at just the right time. The youth group took a spontaneous turn to confession and prayer last night. As the subject of lust was broached, we were challenged to be free that very night, to be bold and confess to someone the need for help. Strangely, it made me wonder, am I connected enough yet that one of these girls could trust me like that? I desired to be but have been feeling some frustration of still being "foreign" and unable to invest in their lives like I would want to. But after the "time" for prayer was over, and snacks and games had already started, a young lady (who I do really love), grabbed my hand and said, "I need to speak to you." She swept me away into a private room, and entrusted me with a profound struggle. I was humbled in a hundred different ways, and we prayed together and looked at scripture too. Wow. Praise the Lord!!! For so much....for EVERYTHING!!!

Thank you for your prayers, your love...for not forgetting about me. It is almost a year now. It is interesting to experience this adjustment and have my heart in two places at once. Blessings to you. I pray that you some recent joys too; feel free to share them with me :)

1 comment:

kbustersblog said...

Your journals are such a great insight into your life there Lynn thanks for sharing these moments!your missed much but how great it is to be able to rejoice with you over there in the happenings =)
love always
Kathryn