Well, it happened! The first meeting for youth mentoring...and there were 8 people. What makes that even more amazing to me (though it doesn't need to be "more" amazing) is that they were not all the people I was expecting. I had quite a few cancellations due to exams, illness or other things, but still there were 8.
I believe the meeting went well. It made me realize even more what a long way to go there still is, but it was good to start and I continue to look forward to seeing how things will move forward.
My impression is that those who came felt mentoring ministry could be an effective way to reach into the community if we partner with organizations already helping families in need. This would address the potential road blocks of families who may be too "proud" to admit their need for help or the fact that we are Christians. This was something that was already in mind, but for me it was confirmed through them.
A new couple that just arrived with GEM last week also attended. They were an unexpected blessing of help and encouragement. They gave me personally some very tangible feedback which was nice. I have asked my Pastors who also attended, to give me some feedback as well. Please pray that they would, understanding that I won't be "offended" and that it will make for more effective partnership in ministry.
Since there were quite a few who could not attend, I may be doing a "second First meeting". I would wait until mid February after college exams are over. I'll let you know!
Meanwhile, I'll be keeping in touch with attendees of the first first meeting and pursuing some other organization contacts. Language is down to twice a week, so please pray that I would continue to learn and grow in this and not get stalled.
Thanks again my friends!!! God Bless you today and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment