Monday, January 5, 2009

Pics and Stuff

So here they are... as usual, to see the pictures better and get to the album, just double click the slide show:

France & Geneva 08

My adventures in France and Geneva were short but memorable! We saw some wonderful sites -you'll get an idea but pictures never do the reality justice of course.

It was freezing in Annecy and Geneva was not exactly comfortable either, but we managed to enjoy ourselves still, visiting lots of shops, having hot drinks and eating great food.

New Years was home as I mentioned. I had a great time with my new friends Dana and Lisa. Here we are outside chasing fireworks after midnight. They were pretty much over by the time we got out there but we got to see quite a bit right outside my window! We had a great time, including praying together after midnight for the new year. The girls brought so much good food that we didn't get to the fondue...but I took care of that a few nights ago with another friend of mine :) YUM! I was not disappointed.

So, time to get 2009 rolling. I am seeking to get back on track with the newsletter with my functioning computer :), plan the first meeting for mentoring ministry development, and finally get myself to Potter's House on a regular basis. I'll still be doing language a few times a week and am also hoping to get more involved in the youth ministry at my church.

In some ways it feels a little daunting, but I am trying to just keep my eyes on the Lord and take it a step at a time. This morning I read such powerful scripture, I wondered at my own worries... He says so clearly that He is with me, caring for everything and boy is He HUGE! Here is part of what I read:

"'You are My witnesses,' says the Lord, 'And My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, nor shall there be after Me." - Isa 43:10

Woah!
Happy New Year friends and family - "La Multi Ani"... (they say that for all celebrations here :)
May the One and Only God bless you and your loved ones in this coming year.

1 comment:

joyceela said...

Dear Lynn! I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy New Year! May God's Blessings be yours always and may He keep you in His loving care! I miss you very much and will write soon! Love Always, Auntie Joycie