Monday, January 26, 2009

The Latest

Here are the results of our prayers so far:

On Friday, I visited my new friend from the train as planned and we had a lovely time. Her boyfriend was there which was a surprise to me. They fed me like I was a 25 year old man!! There were a few awkward moments... like when I realized she had probably expected me to bring a bottle of wine as is traditional, but I DID bring homemade cookies at least :) I didn't know that there would be any meal since I went in between usual meal times, but that is Romanian hospitality!! The food was very good - gratefully no ciorba de burta (stomach stew). We will meet again sometime soon.

Saturday I went to English Club to help where I could. It was a small crowd but a lot of fun, and they helped me with my Romanian as well switching the rules on me...i.e. "AND YOU have to say it in Romanian!" I learned a great fun language game and met some more nice Romanian ladies.

I gave my testimony last night at the English service and it was really blessed. I was nervous at first, of course, but got caught up in sharing the story of God's grace in my life and it went very well. I put it in the framework of being a sheep and Him my Good Shepherd. I was new sheep, wandering sheep, downcast sheep, rescued sheep and grateful sheep :) It is so true... based on John 10:27-30.

So now this week I am working to finish up preparation for the first mentoring meeting. I have about 6 people so far that should be coming. Still praying for at least 8.

I found out some details about Flore (language helper girl), sort of. I am hearing a couple of different stories, but this is what I can share with you: She has done this a few times before but this time she wrote a note and said that she would not be coming back. She is most likely with a boy and her whereabouts are not really certain, though she said where she was supposedly going. Last time she left, she ended up getting abused. Please pray that she would return quickly.

Also, my language teacher Andreea, who is now also a wonderful special friend, is having a very hard time. Don't think I can give details at this point, but please just pray for God's grace, wisdom, guidance, comfort... all that good stuff.

Thank you. Sorry that I don't have pictures as of late. I was going to take pictures at the English service but it just didn't happen. I'll find something to shoot (with my camera) for you soon. :)

No comments: