Monday, December 8, 2008

Preview

Just want to touch base and give a little preview of what you can expect in my upcoming blog entries.

My time this past weekend in Budapest was wonderful! It is the capital of Hungary and about a 4 1/2 hour drive from here. We arrived Friday late afternoon so my colleagues who had to catch a flight Saturday morning still got to enjoy some of the sights before they took off.

Sooooo.....I will be posting pictures SHORTLY!!! I will save more details for when they can be enriched with visuals :)

That means that my computer is done. YIPPEE.... I'll be picking that up tomorrow, Praise God and many thanks to the friend who helped me.

I still have a throat issue but am getting that checked in the morning tomorrow (finally) - have been putting it off in the vain hopes that it would just get better like would normally be the case. All well.

I'm also helping out this week to prepare for a large Christmas celebration for about 700 children in a castle about 3 hours away. Don't know all the details yet, but there are several organizations working together to bless these Romanian children. Potter's House is involved so that is how I got connected. The big bash is this weekend and I'm helping with some little things that need to be done ahead of time and will go to serve on Saturday and Sunday.

Friday night is also our last youth group for the year, so we'll be planning some special things for that at our leaders meeting tonight.

It made sense to me to serve these events already happening and take this month to pray for the more focused purposeful start of building the youth mentoring ministry come 2009. Especially since I'll be traveling to visit a friend in France for Christmas (Dec. 23-29th).

So, in summary for now - prayer requests are:
**For my health!!! I want to be really well, not mostly well.
**For the Castle event, all who are serving, all the kids - for fun, safety and the story of Jesus' birth to touch hearts and change lives.
**For the Youth night this Friday.
**For the Youth Mentoring Ministry to come (wisdom, people's openness, apparent first steps).
**For Christmas away from home.

Thanks friends - the pictures and details are coming!!! I pray you are well! God Bless you.

No comments: