November was just plain difficult. I learned much but am extremely happy to be greeting a new month today.
The first of December is actually a national holiday here in Romania, so I feel like I am celebrating too :) The difficulties are not necessarily completely past, but things are looking brighter. I'm close to being well, close to getting my computer back, close to having all I need for my visa and close to Christmas :)
I've been slowly getting back into action, while continuing to try and not "over-do". Friday was back to youth group and Saturday I was blessed to be able to help make some cakes with a Romanian student for a bake sale the youth group did yesterday. They earned a bunch of money to help a sick boy get a computer for Christmas.
Today I went to meet with my "language helper" at the girl's home. It was nice because everyone was around since it is a holiday. After Flora and I did a little bit with language, the dad of the house asked us to help repair a puppet that will be used for a Christmas show this year. So, Flora and I worked together to put new legs, feet and clothes on the large puppet. It came out pretty good :) I think even Flora was a little proud!
Being at the house was a wonderful experience. I am amazed at this ministry. The girls have their spats, but overall there is a cooperative atmosphere and it truly is a home. What a blessing it is for them who otherwise would be on the street or stuck in abusive homes. Today they were making Christmas cards to send to supporters, singing Christmas songs, making lunch, playing with the babies in the house, doing homework...and making puppets :) Praise God.
I will be continuing to get more involved with ministries such as the girl's home and Potter's House while working on the foundational steps for the mentoring ministry. I have been here 6 month's (believe it or not) and have the green light to get moving. That means that I met my "required" language level and am not obligated to take class any longer. However, since I am still learning, not fluent and have money left in my language account, I will continue with taking a few classes a week.
There are some plans in the works, but I'll save that for another posting after I have more details.
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to get a November newsletter out, by the way. At least not yet since I don't have my computer!
I pray you are well... and thank you so much for your prayers which have been a huge part of getting through to December 1st.
1 comment:
Wahooooo is right!!!! December is a great month - how nice it is actually a holiday there! So glad you are feeling better, Lynn. I'll try to email our Thanksgiving pic. today.
Much love and prayers, Karen
Post a Comment