Some of you may know that I am helping out with a conference here in Timisoara this week. I am just a very small part of something that has grown beyond (I think) the expectations of the organizers which include my fellow GEMer Dawn in association with the Child Protective Services here. They are expecting over 100 people to participate. It is geared toward the workers and families of children with disabilities.
This has become such a huge thing that it has spontaneously gotten news coverage!
There are 4 professionals from the States giving seminars in their different disciplines; physical, occupational, drama and speech therapies. There are also us GEMers...coworkers Cal and Karen will be presenting something to help workers improve communications with one another and families...and I am the art therapist. For me as a professional, it is a little different because I never specialized in physical disabilities.
So I have several prayer points for this week: That the workers and participants be blessed and gain knowledge and inspiration; that all would have the grace and strength they need; that this would leave a great impression on the community; that God would be glorified in it and His part in it would come through; that the children would reap the benefits...and lastly for me, that I would have something of value to contribute (and that I would have confidence this is true).
I feel a bit of an odd ball because of the reasons mentioned, and find myself feeling badly that I don't have more to offer, though it isn't "my fault"...but I need to trust that there IS a reason I am a part of this and that the Lord would say something through me to them...even despite me.
God Bless you friends - thanks again for being there... can't thank you enough, especially at times like this.
Love me
No comments:
Post a Comment