I couldn't resist it as a blog title, but I promise I DIDN'T buy the t-shirt! Of course the t-shirt read, "Czech ME out".
Anyway, I was privileged to see yet another amazing city of Europe. While the 12 hour van ride there was less than pleasant on the whole, it was well worth it. I made good use of our couple of days in Prague, starting off with a 4 hour walking tour. It is a place rich in beauty and history of course.
I think the highlight would have had to been St. Vitus. It had a monumental presence in the Palace court. The stained glass windows were breath-taking. Here is are pictures that don't do it any justice.
The conference took place in Liberec, just a couple of hours away from Prague. I had some inner celebrating going on as I saw many more people I know from orientation and training - they ARRIVED...they made it!!! Yippeeee! Plus, catching up was fun.
We had some sessions with a guest speaker that imparted some ideas that I could summarize in the famous saying, "keep it simple stupid." Not that he called us stupid...
We spent time in prayer together and worship was amazing...and we also celebrated 60 years of GEM's existence.
I wrote you all a note about how the time impacted me, calling me to a personal time of prayer and evaluation upon my return. In that way, it was an invaluable time for me.
Grateful for all of you being with me on this journey. I'm looking forward to walking out the things that the Lord spoke to my heart, with you all along side.
And next up is the youth camp with my church here. We leave Monday the 17th nice and early and will spend a week in the mountains together all for God's Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment